Vice Principal - Wath Academy
Closing Date: 8:30am Friday 20th March 2020
Salary: L22 – L26
Location: Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent from September 2020
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Vice Principal with a proven track record of rapidly and sustainably raising standards at whole school level.
Wath Academy is an extremely popular 11-18 school with 1850 students on roll, including around 350 in the Sixth Form. Despite being a large school, we pride ourselves on being a caring and welcoming community. Through our unique educational offer we strive for students to achieve their potential in a supportive and inspirational learning environment.
Wath Academy enjoys a long and successful reputation, of over 95 years standing, for its academic standards and traditional values. We work hard to create a caring and disciplined environment full of energy, talent and enthusiasm. These qualities are reflected in our academic record and by the high proportion of our students who enter the sixth form and go on to university.
Wath Academy joined Maltby Learning Trust on 1st April 2019. The Academy is looking to secure a ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement at its next full inspection, likely to be in the summer or autumn of 2021.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a dynamic senior leader with a relentless obsession for rapidly improving standards;
- have a track record of delivering clear impact at whole school level;
- bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the academy;
- have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- be fully aligned to our vision and key drivers;
- have a true growth mindset and solid work ethic;
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Wath Academy operates;
- have a strong set of leadership competencies which enable them to effectively challenge, hold to account and support the teams they lead to deliver impact.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the school are warmly encouraged.
To find out more: please contact Dale Jackson, Executive Principal, directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone call or visit, to discuss the Academy’s journey, to discuss the post and to discuss the next stage of your career.
Application forms can be found on the Academy website at: www.wathacademy.com
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com for the attention of Lindsey Laycock, PA to the Executive Principal and Principal, by 8:30am Friday 20th March 2020.
A letter / email will be sent to shortlisted candidates with details of the interview process.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check and other employment checks deemed relevant.