Maltby Learning Trust consists of three tiers of Governance.
The members have three functions:
- Approve the Annual Trust Accounts and appoint the auditors
- Appoint Directors/Trustees
- Appoint the Chief Executive
The Trust Board of Directors considers the vision and aims of the Trust and its academies, as well as strategy and policy to deliver its key objectives. The Board’s primary objectives are to ensure the delivery the best possible outcomes for all students, and to hold the Executive leaders to account for the ways in which this is carried out. The Board of Directors are responsible for three core governance functions.
- Ensure the quality of provision
- Ensure compliance with charity and company law
- Ensure operation in accordance with the funding agreement
Local Governing Bodies are responsible for the day-to-day management and governance of their academies.