Exciting new programme begins at MA.
Y7 and 8 students take part in the Enrich and Inspire programme as part of their learning at the Academy.
Maltby Academy have launched a new programme called Enrich and Inspire which offers a fantastic opportunity for students to become more informed, confident and successful in their learning. Students are selected based on their high achievement at the end of Year 6 and their potential for progression to Russell Group Universities – essentially the most competitive universities in the country. The Enrich and Inspire programme follows on from the success of the HE+ (Higher Education Plus) programme that the Academy have developed over the last six years with Homerton College, Cambridge for Year 12 and Year 13 highest achieving students.
As leaders of the HE+ programme they have gained a valuable insight and great understanding of the super-curricular learning habits that Oxbridge and other Russell Group Universities demand of students. Students who are able to demonstrate these learning habits have a greater likelihood of being offered a place over other candidates with equally very high achievement at both GCSE and A level.
Aim Of The Programme
For our highest achieving students in Year 7 and 8 to establish an even greater sense of informed enthusiasm and commitment towards their subjects.
Students should become competent and confident in using what they already know to engage with learning in new and unfamiliar contexts. Being confident includes having the self-assurance to take time to think about answering questions and solving problems.
- Year 7 Programme: Geography, Maths, English, Biology
- Year 8 Programme: History, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Languages, Physics
- Small group teaching (no more than 15 per group)
- 90 minute sessions
- One session per half term
Benefits For Students
- Learn beyond the curriculum
- Develop academic flexibility
- Develop essential super-curricular habits for learning earlier
- Develop informed enthusiasm
- Better preparation to achieve the highest grades when transitioning to GCSE and A-level
- Become Russell Group University / Oxbridge Ready
Click here for more on the Higher Education Plus programme.